From 1 July 2016, Australia will make a number of changes to its student visa processes. These changes include the introduction of a simplified
student visa framework (SSVF).
Under the SSVF:
- All international students will now apply for a single Student visa (subclass 500), regardless of their chosen course of study.
- All international students will be required to apply for their student visa online.
- A new immigration risk framework will be used to guide the evidence of English language and financial capacity that a student
needs to provide with their visa application.
Current visa holders
If you hold a student visa with subclass numbers 570 to 576, your visa will remain valid and your visa conditions will not change after 1 July 2016.
After 1 July 2016, family members of Student visa holders (subclasses 570-576) will need to apply for a subclass 500 visa if they want to join
a family member in Australia.
- Confirmation of Enrolment
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) – health insurance.
- Financial documents
- Proof of your English language ability(IELTS,PTE)
- Documents to prove that you will stay in Australia temporarily(GTE)
- Medical report.
- Good character